The construction of a data analytics platform requires significant financial and time investments. A set of 10 critical questions must be answered regardless of the type of business or scope of data before you build a data analytics platform.
Without answering these questions, a scalable solution is not possible.
Consider These Questions When Building an Analytics Platform:
- What tools will be used to manage and leverage the platform?
- Who is responsible for managing and maintaining the platform?
- Where are common measures defined and managed?
- How do you know the data is equal to the source data without exception?
- How often does the data volume increase or change?
- Is the data organized in an easily understood, scalable, and consistent manner?
- Does the database follow naming standards and use a common language?
- How clean is the data? Is cleansing and data transformation required?
- Where will the master data reside?
- What security is required and where will it be implemented and managed?