Effective program management aligns tasks to work cohesively together and point in the same direction.
In the absence of effective program management, a project can be inefficient and not have all tasks pointing in the same direction.
The Cost of Project Failure
Success = delivered on time and budget with required features and functions.
Challenged = late, over budget, and/or delivered with fewer than the required features and functions.
Failure = canceled before completion, or delivered and never used.
Program Management Statistics
Most projects receive a below-average or failing grade.
69% of features are delivered.
74% experience time overruns.
59% experience cost overruns.
Operating Principles To Avoid Common Pitfalls
|Project Plan Activities
|Critical Path Management
|Reinventing the Wheel
|Tools and Templates
|Changing, Unclear Decisions
|Communication and Cadence
|Effective Change Management
Clear iQ’s Approach
Clear iQ uses guiding principles developed over decades of experience to deliver results. We
- Coach all team members on project management operating principles and culture.
- Instill a methodology and common language.
- Select the right program management office (PMO) based on company size, scale, and the journey ahead.
- Align executives and stakeholders with project goals, status, and results.
- Formalize the risk, issues, and decisions management process.
- Transition clients to the point of self-sufficiency.